CDI question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDI question.

A few days ago, I posted, needing to know the year model of a 115AETO,6E5-sn#L351072. No one seems to know at any dealerships her in central Florida. So, I have purchased paper back repair manuals, and two CD's, no luck. I now own a Yamaha parts CD. No luck. My problem is, after 6 months storage, gets no fire at all.Though I'm guessing, tested the CDI.I have average output from engine side,according to most 115 charts, nothing on CDI out to coils side. Just dont know what CDI to buy, the CDI #'s areTIA-04-04A, cant find a reference there either. has 8 terminals on engine/flywheel side 7 terminals on the out going side, Can anyone help. Thanks, lmcc4088@yahoo.com.

If it's the CDI with screw terminals it's probably 6E5-85540-12-00 like the one used in the 1984 model 115ETLN.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

did you try unhooking main harness THEN checking for spark ?

Comment

Ref. CDI question.

Boats.net & jb123, thanks for your fast reply, it's evening now, but plan to investigate the suggestions from both replies tomorrow, Thank you so much. lmcc4088

Comment

unhook harness and check if you have a brown MALE at starter solenoid. use brown male to power, to turn over.

Comment

Working...
          X