2002 yammy 225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 yammy 225

With about 600 hours on this motor it started running rough in ***** speed (700 rpm).Have had several problems with the motor after the 100 check and service.Motor was broken in as detailed in operators hand book.Never had a problem until it was serviced at the 100 hr check.After that it was one problem after another.Runs great at 2000 to 5500 rpms but never under 700-800 rpms under a load.Idle is perfect.Some problem all the time with a vacuum switch or something.Last service was 500 hours on the puter.Now 7 months later it is worse and they found water on number 6 cylinder.I do not run this motor hard infact it has less then 30 hours over 4500rpms.Most is around 3000, My $2000 warranty ran out in July and it looks like i will get a royal screw job from the dealer.Maybe not but has anyone else had problems with maybe a blown head gasket.One fellow said his motor rusted inside? I flush mine out for at least 30 minutes after a run while i clean my boat up.I may just go next time with a new 225 honda. I had thw Extra 2 year warranty and still had to pay for the 2 switches on the motor plus labor.Will never get the extended again as far as i see its a waste of $2000.
Working...
X