No announcement yet.

Oil & temp level warning activated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to recheck wire connections at gauges, sounds like it may trying to find a ground back through oil sensor.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Harness (6Y5-83653-00-00) connects to connector out of tach for oil lights and connects to engine connector. The ground (black wire) from oil lights is in the connector from tach. Is this not correct?
      I would rather be fishing.

Comment

???????????????

Comment

Yes the 6Y5-83653 harness is for oil level indicators, overheat indicators and trim signal. There is no ground(black) wire at tach for oil lights. the oil lights have power to them when key is on and when the oil level gets low the sensor connects the signal wire to ground and makes oil light in gauge to come on.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

This post helped me fix the problem..................

Smile Hookup problems-Yamaha Pro Series Tach with Oil lights
            I called the Yamaha Outboard Customer Service line and was told that I did in fact need another item to make this Tach/Oil Level Lights-Harness combination work. It is a relay, 6Y5-81950-02-00, that connects between the Oil connector on the Oil/Trim harness and the Oil Level Lights connector coming from the Tach. It converts the two-wire Oil Level Lights input from the Oil Sensor to a four-wire output from the relay needed as input to the Oil Level Lights on the Tach. I haven't received the relay yet to see if it works or not but it does seem reasonable.

Comment

Working...
            X