f100 fuel starvation update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f100 fuel starvation update

well i posted here with my fuel problem and got some good info, unfortunately not to any avail. but after looking forever for this fuel starvation problem i have, on my own discovered the cause. my symptoms were hard cold start and 4000 rpm fluctuating down to 3600 at wot unless squeezing the primer bulb underway then ran normal. well i had the carbs off for cleaning, and the shop/ dealer had them off for cleaning and a 400.00 repair that did nothing. so frustrated as i was i purchased new 115s and they stink. noisy and they vibrate when at idle in gear. *****ing next year will be a pain. dealer says it's harmonics in my hull, i say b.s. but they have washed their hands of it. they also told me that my flywheel nut had come loose and my crank keyway was deformed causing my timing to be out 10o. well i pulled the flywheel and there is absolutly nothing wrong with it. just threw me more off track and was a factor to buy the new motors. i fell for it. i will never buy another yamaha motor and i have had several on this boat (none of which vibrated so bad at idle that my bow rail sings..) but service does count. yamaha is losing it. back to the issue, in each carb fuel inlet in the hose there is a fuel strainer/filter that the yamaha trained mechanics didn't even know was there. mine were plugged on 2 carbs causing the interruption of fuel flow. if you have this problem check these as the dealer probably won't as the fuel line/hose comes off with the carb and i found them very tight and difficult to get off the carb fitting. i guess i had the time to thoroughly look at things.. hope this saves some of us the expense and frustration that a small part can cause. good luck to all. remember, there are a lot more quality brands out there to choose from these days...........
    hali285@gci.net

maybe you could post the part number and page as to help someone else in the future.

Comment

the part no is 67F-14371-01-00 filter. this litle culprit may be present on all carbed motors??? as shown on carb 1 parts list, you have to read through the list and look for it as you wouldn't know what it was in the picture.
      hali285@gci.net

Comment

f80

i have a yamaha f80 that is doing the same thing. i was wondering do i have to take off each CARBURETOR to get at each filter element or do you think i could just take the intake manifolds off and get to them that why? i help would be very helpfull.

Comment

You will need to take manifold loose to get to them, they are in the the fuel inlet fitting where fuel hose connects to carbs on each carb on the F75, F80, F90 and F100 engines. number 44 in this diagram 1999 F80TLRX Yamaha Outboard CARBURETOR 1 Diagram and Parts
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X