OX'66 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OX'66 Questions

I have twin 150 OX'66s, model year 2000, with the digital yamaha fuel management system and I have a few questions:

1. should an alarm sound momentarily when the ignition switch is turned to the "on" position but prior to starting the engine?

2. when i turn the key for the starboard engine to the "on" position, all gauges power "on". When in turn the key for the port engine to the "on" position, only the port engine tachometer comes on. Is this the correct operation?

3. For both engines, the trim indicator gauges do not change when I trim/tilt the engines. The port engine is at 80% and the port engine is at 50%. Any thoughts on what is causing this?

Thanks,

With a dual switch you should get 3 beeps.

Your FM gauge is powered from starboard side. can be swapped if you choose,or should be able to power from both.

Check trim sensors under tilt tube, they have a bad pivotl design and corrode easily, lube with wd, etc work loose, then load it up with marine grease.

Comment

jb123

Thank you for the quick and informative response. I have run evinrudes all of my life and this is my first experience with yamahas.

One more question. I was getting three beeps when I turned the key on for one of the engines, I forget if it was port or starboard. With the other engine I did not get any beeps. This past weekend, those beeps started to fade and then quit altogether. Does this sound familiar? I plan to get a voltmeter on it this weekend to see if the beeper failed or if the ground connection is faulty.

Thanks,

Comment

just swap buzzer leads to opposing side to test, lil tricky and tight but doable....sounds like a bad buzzer.

Comment

I will do that. Thank you so much for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X