Update on T9.9 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on T9.9 problems

Last year I had several cases of the carbs on my T9.9 blocking up requiring a teardown and cleaning
    the jets with a fine wire. I took several steps this season, which appear to be helping. I replaced an old rubber fuel line from the tank to the engine. I installed an inline 10 micron water separator fuel filter. Lastly, I now only buy higher octane fuel, not for extra power, but perhaps there are more additives in there to keep the fuel stable (10 % ethynol). Of course, I continue to use stabil in the tank. So far this season, no starting problems.

However, I do have another problem with the engine
    acceleration lagging after engaging the gears to go in forward or reverse. I have to crank the throtle handle a good amount before the engine picks up speed. This occurs on either a cold or
    warm engine. Otherwise, the engine is running fine. Has adequate power and idles ok. Any ideas
    on what is causing this lag?

Sorry for the double posting, but I received the following message:

An error has occurred:

at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/i386-freebsd/XML/Parser.pm line 187

Please inform the board administration of this error so that they may fix the problem. Thank you!

So I thought my first posting did not take.

Comment

We are working on the double post problem hopefully we will have it soon.
      Make sure the idle speed, pilot screw on carb and timing are correct as per service manual. Some of the T9.9 have a accelerator pump in carb, need to check diaphragm and passages.

Thanks
      boats.net
      Regards,
      Boats.net Forum Admin

Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts at
      Discounts Up to 80% off Retail!

Comment

Worn Control Cables

I don't suspect worn control cables, since the engine only has less than 50
        running hours on it. Is there a cable adjustment to take up any slack? Is
        that cable in the throttle arm or at the carb?

Comment

Working...
        X