03 Yamaha 115 2 Stroke - Fuel Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03 Yamaha 115 2 Stroke - Fuel Issue

I'm just trying to be sure I haven't missed anything before buying a fuel pump.

The entire fuel system is less than 2 years old, hoses, tank, fuel pump, all new filters just this week.

The issue:
    I pump the bulb, start the engine and it runs fine for 10 to 15 minutes, the bulb then goes soft and it runs out of fuel, if I pump the bulb it will continue running, but do the same thing.

I think it's the fuel pump because I can pump the bulb to hard, let it sit all night and it's still hard in the morning. But if it runs any at all the bulb goes soft.

Thanks for any help.
    Paradise can be found on the Texas flats.

you can pull the pump/s and the flow is upward.so....if you can blow DOWN thru it at ALL then the diaphram id compromised. im sure the same test can be done with a vacuum pump tester, pulling down.
    have YOU tried and aux tank, new ball and hose,hooked right to engine filter....sure sounds like you have a supply side issue, air leak, etc.

Comment

Thanks jb, after giving it some thought I realized the last 4' of fuel line is vertical, so for it to get fuel the pump had to be working. Bur I did replace the bulb "just in case" it was something simple, didn't help.
      So I decide to pull the "breather" and have a look, as I'm removing it I notice 2 of the 8 screws are missing. So I took it all apart and did some cleaning, I put it back together with ss lock washers. That did it, she is running like she should.

Thanks again.
      Paradise can be found on the Texas flats.

Comment

Working...
      X