2000/200hp ox66 Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000/200hp ox66 Alarm

OK, alarm is going off but Temp is good, main oil tank is half full, but small reservoir inside cowling is at lower level of oil. Could this be the cause for the alarm. Racor filter with no water in it as well. Please help, want to be on the water this weekend.

Scott
    Runnit

Has half oil in main tank. Going to check water level on engine fuel filter. See if thats it. If not, must be oil pump, or float switches I guess.
    Runnit

Comment

No water in engine fuel filter either.. Does anyone have a fix for this. Thanks.
      Runnit

Comment

Float switch seems to be working, it turns off when manually filled.

But the manual fill switch is not working. Could this be the actual pump that is stopped working. Sorry for my ignorance, first yammie outboard and new boat in 17 years.
        Runnit

Comment

manual switch does turn on pump but does not pump oil.
          Runnit

Comment

No visible kinks in line, new oil filter, still no oil filling. Now I am about completely lost...
            Runnit

Comment

you can fill the tank manually via switch or pulling sensor and filling....youll just have to do it every half hour or so.... i had to do that once to the bahamas and back....pain but it didnt stop me.

did you pull the output on the remote pump and see if it pumps then?

COPIED:

If you can feed oil into the engine's tank using the emergency toggle switch
              (key must be ON...) then the problem is with the switch inside the engine's tank.
              If you can not fill the engine's tank using the emergency toggle switch then the
              problem is with the wiring harness or the remote tank's pump (rare).

Does it transfer oil by using the toggle switch on engine? No oil
              will transfer if the yellow oil light in tach is on, if the oil
              tank in boat is full and still see yellow light then
              oil level sensor on boat oil tank may be bad.

The engine does have to be running and trimmed down to transfer oil.
              If it doesn't and the emergency switch does transfer oil then either
              the oil level sensor in boat oil tank or engine oil tank is bad or
              the CDI unit is bad. Also check all ground wire connections to make
              clean and tight.

Comment

yea, the last thing I need to do is check the actual outflow line to engine reservoir. The pump turns on the way its supposed to for a minute or so when key is first turned, but does pump oil, also turns on with manual switch and does not pump oil. I will have to manually fill reservoir for tomorrow. Last thing would be to pull the oil tank out. Not looking forward to it. Thanks for the notes.
                Runnit

Comment

Scott,
                  On your main oil resevoir, next to your pump. Is an inline filter. If your pump is running but no output, that would be my 1st check. Any water in your tank will clog these filters imediatly. At about $15 a pop for these filters it pays to flush your resevoir and keep it clean.

Comment

Working...
                  X