Yamaha 90 running hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 90 running hot

Last night I was running from one spot to another, my over heating Buzzer went off. I had just looked back 10 seconds previous, the motor was "peeing" like normal. So I stopped shut the motor off pulled off the cowling to inspect any major problems, nothing pulled the water line off to make sure nothing was lodged in there, it was fine. put every thing back together started the motor, same thing buzzer was going off when I flipped the key on. The motor block wasn't hot, I was resting my hand on it when I had the cowling off . Finally after about five minutes of sitting there when I turned the key over the buzzer wasn't Buzzing, The indicator on my gauge wasn't flashing. So I kept running for a couple of miles to my next fishing spot. Fished there for the next 30 minutes, cranked up the motor and came in, like nothing ever happened. What could this be ? could I have sucked something up, and when I was sitting there it came out, or could my thermostat be going out. I replaced the impeller about a year and a half ago. Its a 1998 yamaha 90.

Low oil will also signal an alarm you may check the oil level in oil tank. If it didn't sound an alarm anymore it may be alright.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

You may have picked up something to clog the water intake. weeds , a bag..anything. when you stopped it fell off.
      When i overheat, the first thing i do is put it in reverse and gas it slightly. works almost every time.

Comment

Working...
      X