Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel / Water Separator

Hi,
    I have 2004 Century 2600WA with twin Yamahas LF200TXRC. I've have the boat for only three weeks. On the fuel management system a small symbol started flashing and occording to the manual it's for the fuel/water separator. Can some one please tell me where I can find the separator(s) to drain them? And will the light reset itself?
    Thanks.

The fuel filters on that doesn't have the water detection sensors on them, just has the red float(floats if water present) in bottom of filter . Check the water/fuel separator filter in boat may have the Yamaha filter with water sensor.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I looked for a fuel/water separator on the boat and all I can find in the very back compartment are quick silver fuel filters. They don't say anything about water. Am I looking in the wrong area?

Comment

Ok I found that the fuel filters in the transom compartment do have a metal square incasing on the outlet side of the filters and they do have some wires going into them. I am assuming those are the water sensors. Am I correct? and if so should I remove the filters, drain them, and reinstall or should I replace them? I am still a little confused because the filters just say "fuel filter" it doesn't say anything about water. Filters are Quicksilver part#35 802893Q. Are these the correct filter?
        Thanks.

Comment

Fuel filters are not the same as water separators. On my century the eater separators are on the transom of the boat and are big white cylinders that look like oil filters. The fuel separators on on the engine. I would replace water and fuel filters. If you are unable to do this let a yamaha dealer do it.

Comment

Working...
          X