Prime bulb to keep running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime bulb to keep running

2002 225 four stroke,ran fine out to dinner after started home ,started fine idled out about 5 minutes then stalled when tried to throttle up would only restart if primed bulb throttle up and stall only start again by priming bulb done this about 6 times then had someone constantly prime bulp till at 5000 rpm cruising,they stopped priming bulb and ran fine for rest of 15 mile trip, any ideas.

sounds like a low pressure fuel pump but none are shown in a F225TURA parts list, does your motor have any behind the vapor tank?

Comment

Hi,one of my 2004, f225TXRC did the exact same thing, it turned out to be the low pressure fuel pump. just as jb123 suggested.
      Dennis

Comment

Correction on engine year is a 2003 F225 TXRB.Is this a fairly simple job to replace low pressure fuel pump and does anyone know part #.

Comment

Hi, the best place, for the best price is most likely this web site. for the part number go to the Yamaha outboard page and look for your year and model, then look for the low pressure pump and it will give you the part number.
          Dennis

Comment

part number 67H-13907-00-00 $682.85 on boats.net web site

Comment

hopefuly your LOW pressure pump has a LOWer price

i think dennis quoted a HP pump..but on both models i see no listed parts for LP pumps, in fuel 1 or 2....maybe they stuck them elsewhere??

Comment

so, no EXTernal lp pump, only internal ??

Comment

OPPS' Sorry, I posted the high pressure pump, thanks for catching my mistake, jb123. I looked again, and I am not so sure of there being another pump. Click on the link at the bottom of this page for Yamaha parts, and see what you come up with.
                  Dennis

Comment

It appears according to service manual to be connected in line just past gas filter is that considered internal or external is visible when you take cowling off,but sure cannot find a part #,all replies have been appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                    X