No Power Brand New F115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Power Brand New F115

I took out my Brand New F115 for its maiden voyage yesterday. Everything was great for about 2 hours. I decide to cut off the motor a drift for a little bit. When I tried to start the motor to move, there was no power. The trim did not even work. I took off the cowling and checked all of the fuses. They were all fine. After I replaced the last fuse, I tried the trim again and it worked fine and I was able to start the motor. I continued to run the motor for 2 more hours and headed to the dock. Right as we pulled up to the dock, the motor cut off. There was no power again. The engine would not start and the trim did not work again. I checked the fuses again and they were fine and power can back after I put in the last fuse. This is a brand new motor, so I’m thinking there is a problem with the installation. Do you guys have any ideas? I will be taking it to the dealer this week, so I will post what they say. I just wanted to get a second option. Thanks in advance.
    Tommy

Thanks for the quick response. I forgot to mention that there is a dual battery switch. Maybe that could be the problem. I will try to connect directly to one of the batteries the next time it happens. Do you think it is something I should have them handle? I'm not too sure how long I will have to wait if I bring it to shop. It seems to be a minor problem, but I don't want to make things worse.
    Tommy

Comment

Working...
    X