V6 150 yamaha motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V6 150 yamaha motor

I just received this boat about a month ago. I had to drain all the old fuel out of boat and clean carbs. I just cleaned the black and oily spark plugs. I have noticed a big oil tank by the gas tank and a little one mounted on the motor itself, i think it feed off of the big one. But the guy told me you have to mix the oil in the gas??? I don't think so, Does this motor mix the oil itself???? Please let me know. It says precision blend on the motor case.

The tank near the gas tank is called the "sub tank", it's capacity is 2.77 US gallons. There is a oil pump located below the main tank on the engine. This gear type pump is connected to the oil level sensor in the main tank on the side of the engine. It is designed to send oil up to the main tank (engine) when the oil level in the main tank is less than 16.9 US oz.

First, do you have a RPM gage on the boat, when you turn the key switch on, there are three lights..Green, Yellow and Red lit?
    If so, you do have voltage.

The person that sold you the 150 hp may have disconnected the all this, and just mixed oil in the gas.

To test the sensors in the sub and main tank. Remove the sub tank, drain the old oil if there is any in the tank, clean out inside the tank, clean all the hoses and wiring there, and reinstall the tank. Do the same to the main tank on the engine side. NOTE: There is a control unit or for some, it's called the "emergency switch" (black with a toggle switch on it), and it's located right under the main tank. Fill the sub tank with Yamaha oil or Pennzoil for outboard, and if you have voltage to the engine, turn on your key switch and go back to the engine and flip the toggle switch to pump oil from the sub to the main tank. If it works, both tanks and sensors are working.

Come back and report your findings.

Comment

Working...
    X