No Spark 1986 115 hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Spark 1986 115 hp

Hi all. I am new to this forum so hope this is done correctly. My problem is 1986 Yamaha 115 has no spark to any plug. I have twins, one cranks and runs fine the other has no fire. I swapped the CDI unit, the stator, and the trigger coil from the bad to the running motor, one at a time. That motor still runs fine. The one that didn't still doesn't. I also bypassed the kill switch. Any idea,s I am out.

Disconnect the white wire at CDI box to eliminate stop circuit. If it has no fire at all then it is usually the CDI or Charge coil.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

sounds like you eliminated everything on the motor. I had the same problem on twin 87 115's, did every thing you did. Finally switched the ignition switchs....that was the problem!

Comment

This is a follow up to my original post. I finally had a mechanic come out. He fixed the problem in 5 minutes. Bad ground wire from CDI unit. He replaced it and have spark now. Hope this helps someone else.

Comment

I am new to this but i have 91 yamaha salt water series 250 hp and i am having the same issue, i have not had a lot of time to trouble shoot it, but i have fuel but no spark on any of the six cylinders. kill switch is in place but i have not bypassed it yet. ill have to try those out tomm. thanks

Comment

GETHOOKED, what did you find? I have the same problem with the same motor.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X