25ELHP Pop's at idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25ELHP Pop's at idle

When we're running at idle with the muff's on, the motor will idle smooth for 3-4 seconds then pop and then continue idling the pop again and so on. The motor supposedly has oil injection. We think the owner before us was running pre-mix as well. Is there a way to check to see if the oil pump is working withoutwaiting for movement in the oil level in the tank? Also, would running pre-mix through the motor do anything other than foul the plugs and gum up the carb more? We did change the plugs already and no difference. I pulled off the "air diverter" in front of the carbs and it's clear. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi....this sounds like the carb/s are running on the lean side which can cause poping... I would first try and adjust the air to fuel mixture/ratio on both your carbs..... part #15 at this URL below..

http://www.boats.net/parts/search.ht...C%7CCARBURETOR

6L2-14323-00-00 SCREW,AIR ADJ

Note: turning the screws on each carb clock-wise will lean the air to fuel mixture/ratio and anti-clock-wise will richen the air to fuel mixture/ratio.

Again it hard to diagnose this 1991 with out see and know the history on this engine..... but give this a try first..adjusting the air to fuel mixture/ratio.
    Where there\'s a will there\'s a way

Comment

Thanks. I wish I would have seen this yesterday. I would have tried it out. Unfortunately the motor is on it's way to the shop today. My brother-in-law wanted to get it into the shop before the spring rush hit, even though it will cost us an arm and a leg.

Comment

Working...
      X