1976 yamaha55ea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1976 yamaha55ea

hi guys, got a prob, we got a 1976 yammy 55e ouitboard, we dropped the bottom leg to refit a new impeller, all wes well till we tried to put the leg back up it wont go, any ideas or help would be most gratefull, also where can i get a workshop manual for this age engine, model number 663-l-30807

wow... we didnt start to receive them till 84.
    On the reinstall, ensure top and botton are in neutral, be ready to turn flywheel on install to algn splines, also aligning water tube AND gear shift rod if applicable.

Comment

Jb !
      thanks for that reply, ill get instuctions to my mate who is doing the job for me, he seems to think he has to take apart the gaer box, and take away the shaft from the bottom end,as he is having trouble aligning the shift rod or shaft ! but would that mean he would need a pully, or is replacing the impeller as simple as just dropping the lower leg, refitting impeller and relocation shfts and shift rods, ( i thought it was ) thats the same way we did a force 50 a few months ago
      best regrds Craigo

Comment

ps, JB
        WOULD YOU KNOW WHERE I COULD BUY A MANULA FOR SUCH AN OLD MODEL, IVE TRIED THE USUAL ( CLYMER- AMASON )
        CRAIGO114
        YAMAHA 55E (1976)

Comment

yes, drop the unit down and replace impeller. be patient, someone mat be able to email you one here.iv also seen them on ebay on disc or the host of this fine site, BOATS.NET must sell the yamaha version also.

Comment

Working...
          X