Yamaha Hour Meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Hour Meter

I'm looking for the installation instructions for a Yamaha Hour Meter. Is there any difference between the;

Yamaha Pro Series 6Y5-83504-11-00
    Yamaha Pro Series II Hour Meter 6Y7-83504-00-00

Thanks in advance....

The 6Y5 gauge records time engine is running, 6Y7 gauge records time the key switch is turned on. If you have Yamaha gauges in your boat now then it's just a matter of connecting the same colored wires. Gauge wires are
    Yellow connects to key on power
    black ground
    blue backlight in gauge
    green connects to tach signal lead
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks,

I haven't purchased either yet. My TACH and speedo are the Yamaha analog white Pro Series, I also have a Faria fuel gauge. I'm wanting to get an hour meter, but I also would like to get a trim gauge. I only have one empty loacation on the dash with a cover in it (2 1/8").

Any suggestions, I could get the trim gauge for the dash and mount the hour meter somewhere else I suppose.

If i purchase the 6Y5, does it give instructions, does that gauge have the yellow, black, blue, and green wires? Would I cut the existing wires and use a butt connector to splice them, then heat shrink tubing around the connection?

Thanks for the help and instruction.

Comment

If they used the Yamaha gauge harness then the new gauges will connect to matching colored wires(wire leads are available to connect multible gauges to harness). If they used standard boat harness then gauge wire connector's will have to changed. If you get the trim gauge(the 6Y7 trim gauges will only work on 2001-2007 engines) then it will require 68F-82553-70-00 Trim/Oil harness to connect gauge to trim sender on engine. You can get a mulitfunction tach that has hour meter, trim gauge built in it.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for your help...

If I get this multifunction tach (6YR-W0035-E2-00) to replace my analog tach, (which has oil pressure information and illumination). would it just be a matter of switching the connections and finding the ones not connected (hour, trim,...) or would I have to re-run another harness. I guess that would be depenent upon if I have a yamaha harness or a generic boat harness?

Comment

I got the 6Y5-83504-11-00 hour meter, although it has only three wires (black, yello, and green).

Comment

I attached the above model this after noon, 6Y5-83504-11-00. I carnked the motor and ran for a few minutes with the muffs on. The hour neter comes on and an hour icon (top left) flashes ocasionally, but I don't see it incrementing. I didn't really have it on for more than a few minutes. It may not have been long enough, doesn't it advance once every six minutes?

I attached all three leads, black to black yellow to yellow and green to green. Will it advance from the engine started and not just the ignition on?

It says it's illuminated, but I don't see a blue lead, and didn't notice it being illuminated either?

Comment

for the light there should be a seperate blue and black.

Comment

Yahama engine hour meter

I have a yahama 2001 standarg gauge cluster and ignition swithched. I have a 10-6Y7-83504-00-00 Pro series II engine hour meter which I just purchased .

It has black green and yellow wires each with a male plug in type connector. What goes where?

Comment

If the other gauges are Yamaha gauges connect to same harness as they are, yellow to yellow, black to black, green to green.
                    Regards
                    Boats.net
                    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

yahama hour meter

When I take our the dash panel what am I looking for. From the previous response the black is ground, the yellow is the hot side of the ignition switch but what is the green?

Thanks !

Comment

The green wire is tach signal lead.
                        Regards
                        Boats.net
                        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Storm8 ****s - Android / iPhone apps

Interested in a massively-multiplayer match on your phone or ipod? Cloudburst8 provides not too ****s with different styles of ****play that may be what you're looking for. Thousands of people behaviour these massively-multiplayer-online ****s during college, chore, or public transportation.

These addictive ****s coerce you to exchange codes with others and thats where we descend upon in. Wall street your practise deceit cypher with thousands of others to pass over yourself an benefit to others.

imobster codes
                          kingdoms live codes
                          world war storm8

Comment

Working...
                          X