300 HPDI Problems- sad story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300 HPDI Problems- sad story

I had a 300 HPDI for abot 120 hours. After 80 hours it startes to produce unsolvable problems. Yamaha treated me with total ignorance pretended I was the first person in the world having had any problems with that model. Whereas everybody from within the industry to whom I talked confirmed me that the 300HP engine from Yamaha is known all over the place for breaking down. After leaving me stranded more then 3 months !and advising to my local dealer not to install that model any longer - and thus indirectly admitting that the model is problem prone - they finaly sent me a new F250 engine. However, in the meantime I got so fed up with Yamaha that I bought a Mercury Verado 275 which is more quit, less noisy, more fuel efficient and gives me the better driving performance. I can only warn eberybody to avoid Yamaha. Feel free to contact me for details. My phone is +34 610 889966 (yes its Spain)

SOrry to hear of your problems. I also had a problem that was unsolved but as of now the engine is running great. I had a water PSI problem since the PSI would only reach 5-10PSI max.I considered this a problem and went thru just about mechanic to fix it. The last mechanic assured me the engine wont overheat and the PSI is fine. Yamaha also told me the same thing. We'll See!! So far so good!
    What year is your engine? What problems were you having? HOw did you get them to repalce your engine?
    What was the PSI on your engine?
    THanks,
    John
    John

Comment

Working...
    X