running dry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running dry

My engine is a 2000 225vmax ox66 and it has a low water pickup, and there is no way to put ear muffs on it, does anyone know of something that attatches to the cone to run the engine off of a garden hose? You can't run the engine off of the flushing attachment that the motor comes with can you?

if thats north dakota ,i myself wouldnt worry about rinsing out fresh water...but yes you can run on the alt hose at idle.

Comment

It's not for rinsing, it's for working on the engine, I live 100 miles from the nearest water hole, and sometimes you need to run the engine when your working on it.

Comment

blazer,
        I think you can run the motor with just the flushing attachment - your owner's manual should explain this. Don't have an owner's manual? You can view them at this link:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard...home/home.aspx

Personally, I would not run the motor with just the flushing attachment. I don't see how that runs water thru the water pump. I think you would be better off coming up with a flushing TANK like I did. Check Wal-Mart. Get the biggest plastic bin they have. You will need to provide some side support for when it gets full of water. I just use some bungee cords from side-to-side and run them over the top of the upper casing just above the cavitation plate.
        Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
        Ken K

Comment

Working...
        X