No announcement yet.

YDS cable and software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best lesson I have learned from the forum - slow down and ponder whatever issue you are having. I probably spent $300 awhile back when all was needed was to throughly clean one particular 12 volt connection.

Comment

It amazes me to hear about shops changing expensive parts that did not fix the motors problems and still charging the customer for the parts and labor.
      I would much prefer to buy and replace the parts myself and then blame myself quietly

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
        why would you buy a fuel pump?
        Code 62 is for low fuel pressure. In an F250TXRD there are two fuel pumps that create fuel pressure. One to supply fuel to the VST and one to supply fuel to the fuel rails.

If code 62 is displayed it obviously has to be one of the two fuel pumps.

Now the fact that code 62 is relevant to an F250TXRD does not matter. Buy new fuel pumps and hope that solves the problem. Cross the fingers as the Italians say.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          It amazes me to hear about shops changing expensive parts that did not fix the motors problems and still charging the customer for the parts and labor.
          I would much prefer to buy and replace the parts myself and then blame myself quietly
          Well the parts that did not fix the problem were about to fail and really needed to be replaced anyway to avoid a future problem. So the shop was doing the customer a favor in being proactive for the customers benefit.

Yes, that is it.

Is defense of mechanics, they have a tough life. Particularly marine mechanics. Where diagnostic information is lacking and it is tough as hell to do a functional check. Particularly if the mechanics shop is not right on the water.

So many different models of one brand they have to deal with. Two strokes, four strokes, carburetors (multiple ones at that), conventional EFI, direct injection EFI, CDI ignitions, transistor ignitions, mechanical controls, digital controls, Helm Master, rigging, etc., etc..

God help them if they service other brands as well.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            Code 62 is for low fuel pressure. In an F250TXRD there are two fuel pumps that create fuel pressure. One to supply fuel to the VST and one to supply fuel to the fuel rails.

Now the fact that code 62 is relevant to an F250TXRD does not matter. Buy new fuel pumps and hope that solves the problem. Cross the fingers as the Italians say.
            To further wander from the OP's question - where is this fuel pressure sensor located? In the pump itself?

Comment

so far the ONLY US market Yama motors that monitored fuel pressure are the HPDI series. the F motors do not have a pressure sensor.
              that is why I was surprised when he said it had a code 62 and they wanted to replace both pumps.
              the issue was a simple lack of maint on the oil control valve filters.
              you can clear it but at the next key on it is back.
              \ does not seem to affect anything and has been doing it a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                To further wander from the OP's question - where is this fuel pressure sensor located? In the pump itself?
                Bolted to the FI rail.

Comment

Oh, the $360 sensor gets its fuel pressure from a $420 fuel pipe.

60V-82380-00-00 YAMAHA SENSOR, PRESSURE

60V-13976-10-00 YAMAHA PIPE, FUEL 6

Yamaha apparently follows the Mercedes/BMW/Porsche pricing methodology.

Comment

Had me looking trying to understand where this F250 had its sensor

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                      Had me looking trying to understand where this F250 had its sensor
                      Hey, the F250 TXRD set a code 62. Must mean that new fuel pumps are needed.

Later that week after the customer was told by the dealer there would be no refund on electrical parts. Dealer sics the customer on Yamaha US. Customer makes a call to Yamaha US. "dammit Yamaha your YDIS system told me that I needed new fuel pumps. They did not solve my problem. You have to let me return these and give me my money back. Your YDIS is defective".

Yamaha US simply says "sorry sir, no return on electric parts. What your dealer told you is correct".

The next week the customer is all over THT telling everyone how unfair Yamaha US is. Customer reports that he was told by Yamaha US to "pound sand". Customer reports that Yamaha YDIS is a piece of crap. Even though the YDIS was aftermarket stuff sold by BRP.

Comment

Responses from THT when the above occurs are always the same

- hire a lawyer
                        - Yamaha owes you a new engine
                        - Yamaha should buy you a new boat
                        - should have bought an Etec
                        - run it like you stole it
                        - it's probably corroded anyway

Comment

Responses from THT when the above occurs are always the same

- hire a lawyer
                          - Yamaha owes you a new engine
                          - Yamaha should buy you a new boat
                          - should have bought an Etec
                          - run it like you stole it
                          - it's probably corroded anyway
                          Yes. But not a Yamaha engine. Engine should be of the customers choice. Should be an Evinrude G2 Etec. With all new rigging. The most popular brand of the THT crowd.

Comment

Yes. But not a Yamaha engine. Engine should be of the customers choice. Should be an Evinrude G2 Etec. With all new rigging. The most popular brand of the THT crowd.
                            That's correct. You don't have to touch them for the first five years.

Comment

That's correct. You don't have to touch them for the first five years.
                              And from the latest THT thread they are so fuel efficient you can go any distance on almost no fuel whatsoever. Faster is better. Less fuel used the faster you go. They are defying physics.

Comment

And from the latest THT thread they are so fuel efficient you can go any distance on almost no fuel whatsoever. Faster is better. Less fuel used the faster you go. They are defying physics.
                                Parkeryachts swears one of the biggest proponents over there is running HPDI motors on his boat. No idea which yahoo that is....

Maybe I'll go over and start a new balancer thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X