Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150hp will not start after3.5 years not being used

Hi all,

I am new here and have a question about a 2005 150hp Yamaha, it has been three a half years since it was used last. as been away sailing the world.

I have a Glacier Bay with twin 150's, the fuel tank and lines were purged with new fuel, I cleaned all filters.
    The Stb engine has started.
    The Port engine turns over and even started at first after I cleaned all filter, as I didn't have water connected up I only ran it for 20 secs.

I connected up water but it still didn't start.

I have had two truck batteries to start it so no problems there, all battery lines cleaned up good.

I tried to start last night after pulling the injectors out and cleaning them and testing that they work.

Still turning over very quickly but will not start

What should I do next?

Another thing with the water cooling, can I attach the garden hose to the water connection point just near the cowling or is it required to be attached with muffs at the bottom of leg?

Thanks in advance

click on the red Purchace Yamaha Parts at the top of the page and look at the 2005 150s , and then tell us which of those 150s you have

But then I would check to see if there was spark to any of the plugs
    Last edited by 99yam40; 10-24-2017, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Do NOT run without water to the engine. You probably already cooked that engines impeller.

Now, there is a video posted here that hooking up water to the stock Yamaha hose fitting is enough to lube the impeller and cool the engine under LOW RPMs.

I wouldn't but it's been shown to work..

As noted below, we need to know what model engine it is..

In general,

Test for spark.
      Then fuel rail pressure.
      Is the VST getting full with fuel? When you remove the drain screw, does fuel come out?

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 10-25-2017, 06:32 AM.
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
      X