Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late 2005 200 HPDI NEMA 2000 compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late 2005 200 HPDI NEMA 2000 compatible?

I have read that Yamaha did not make their outboards compatible with NEMA 2000 until the 2006 model year, but there are also reports that some late year model 2005 units were NEMA 2000 compatible. I am upgrading my GPS/sonar to a Simrad Evo2 unit and would like to be able to display engine data.

I have a pair of 2005 HPDIs with a manufacture date of September 2005. Is there any way to tell whether or not the engine is compatible withNEMA 2000 from the ECU serial number? The number from one of my engine ECU is

68F8591AG1

There are some capped connectors on the starboard side of each engine in addition to the plug for the Yamaha electronic/laptop monitoring system. I am 60 miles from the boat right now and was not able to look for or photograph these connectors before making his posting.

If this engine will not natively provide the NEMA data is there any adapter available that will convert analog to digital data?

Originally posted by DannyMart View Post
    Is there any way to tell whether or not the engine is compatible withNEMA 2000 from the ECU serial number? The number from one of my engine ECU is

68F8591AG1
    (its a version number, not a "serial" but) it looks to me that the 68F-G1 ECU is in fact the first "Command Link" version

and the fact that you have multiple "unused" capped connectors further supports that you are CL/NMEA 2000 ready.

This is what the main connector looks like - a 4 position plug with only two wires, one white one blue:

Comment

Thanks for the speedy reply

I'm heading to the coast later today and will look for that connector.

Thanks again for the info.

Comment

It took a little archeology and a pair of long nose pliers to retrieve the plug, but it was there.

Comment

now to see if you can get some data thru it

Comment

A -G1 ECU should be Command Link compatible.

If Yamaha data can be believed.

Comment

Working...
            X