Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captn Dave View Post
    This^
    I recently bought an used engine, Yamaha, from a repair shop that deals with hundreds of engines of all makes. I had asked him what he thought about Hondas because I was considering a boat that had one. He replied they were good engines but also suffer from corrosion issues. He said all 4 strokes do. He showed me a pile of parts that were removed from corroded mid sections and they included all colors.
    He said you mainly hear about Yamaha issues because.......(enter drum roll)....
    Call me crazy but I still say adding some 2 stroke oil or Marvel Mystery oil to the gas of a 4 stroke will minimize mid section corrosion.

Comment

Originally posted by BQUICK View Post
      Call me crazy but I still say adding some 2 stroke oil or Marvel Mystery oil to the gas of a 4 stroke will minimize mid section corrosion.
      But would you have to use at a rate that could foul something else in the system? Kind of hard to test now with the batch of F225s with the most problems, either dead or parts replaced.

Comment

Adding oil and other substances to gasoline can reduce the octane rating. The F225 does not use a knock sensor.

Mid-section corrosion could then be the least of an owners worries.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
          I see many more light grey motors pooting around here than black or white....
          Bingo!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X