Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Toggle Switch V4

'98 S115TLRW

Since it's blowing a gale I've got some time to troubleshoot the issue with the emergency oil toggle switch. When the ignition is ON and switch is toggled ON, no oil will transfer from reserve tank to engine main tank. All other oil injection system components and low level sensors/alarms are functioning appropriately. Just so we're clear, the oil pump located on the reserve oil tank will automatically transfer oil into main tank when low lever sensor activates. The pump will not turn on when the emergency toggle switch is manually flipped ON.

From my understanding, the toggle switch's circuit remains open until its flipped ON, at which point the switch is grounded and oil pump turns on. But I'm not sure if this ground occurs at the oil pump or at the control unit. Below is a picture of the control unit and a wire schematic (courtesy of boscoe). I've drawn a red box around the important circuit points of this system.

So I recon somewhere in the wiring system I've got a bad ground, thereby preventing the oil pump from turning on when switch is toggle.

Your thoughts? Electronics are not my forte, so if you provide suggestions for meter testing please be specific as to where to test.

Jason
    1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170
Working...
X