Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some help about buying a 25HP electric starter kit

Hello!

Is there anyone who knows if this part, 68R-W8180-10-00 RPMT: 68R-W8180-11-00 $254.53, can be adpated in my 2006 Yamaha 25HP with manual starter?

Thank you for your help!

Best

Anderson.

In 2006 Yamaha made two stroke 25 HP models and four stroke F25 models.

What is the complete model of your motor?

The kit that you mentioned is for an F6/F8 four stroke. I don't see it working on either a 25 or an F25.

Now what you might be able to do is to compare an electric start of your model (whatever it may be) to the manual start model. Some have been known to buy the electric start stuff and develop their own conversion kit. Some have found that it is mobetta to just sell the manual start model and buy and electric start model. Less cost, less time, less frustration.

Comment

85Thank you for your information!

In fact is for my dad's outboard, He is in Brazil and it's 2 stroke, I did not find the model on the part's list...I think it can be adapted. What do you think?

Thanks again!

Comment

I think it will be a tough row to hoe, if you understand the expression.

The starter motor used on a 25 HP two stroke is different. The 25 HP manually started two stroke uses a different flywheel than does the 25 HP electric start model.

My suggestion would be to go to the Yamaha USA parts catalog and open two parts books. One for a 25MLH (manual start) and the other for a 25ELH (electric start). Compare each illustration from one model to the same illustration for the other model. You are trying to determine the differences between the two models. Some parts may come off of the manual start model while clearly other parts will have to be added to the manual start model.

In a number of cases the parts catalog will indicate the parts used on the electric start model vis a vis the manual start model. For instance:

Comment

Does the engine in question have the starter mounting bracket and gear teeth on the flywheel already? My older 20 hp has these on it but it is a manual start.

Like Boscoe said you should compare engines of the same year with manual and electric start and see what parts are are there or not there.

Comment

Thank you so much guys!

I will take a look at those parts...

Thank you so much for your help!

best!

Comment

Working...
            X