6x3 yamaha control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6x3 yamaha control

Im replacing the johnson 200 on my boat with an 04 yamaha 225 hpdi and i need all the rigging. I have ordered the man harness and a 6x3 control box. I thought that it would be plug and play but the harness has a barrell connector and the control box has single bullet connectors. Do i need another adapter harness? Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

You are missing a component of the control box. A wire lead.

Where is your key switch?

Item 72 in this illustration.
    2006 and Later Rigging Yamaha Outboard CONTROL SIDE FLUSH PREMIUM Diagram and Parts

Comment

Its the flush mount 6x3. The ignition switch is a seperate switch. So im guessing it plugs into the ignition?

Comment

I know it is the 6X3 control box. The title of your post says so. The photograph depicts a 6X3 flush mount control box.

All 6X3 control boxes utilize a separate key switch. I only asked because you did not mention one or show one in your photograph. Some control boxes have integral key switches.

I don't know what the it is in "it plugs into the ignition".

The 6X3 control box would have been delivered by Yamaha with an adapter harness (what Yamaha calls a wire lead) so that the control box can be connected to the ten pin harness. Seems that yours is missing.

The part number for the adapter harness/wire lead is 704-82541-00-00.

Comment

Thanks again for the reply. I ordered the ignition switch today and will order the adapter harness tomorrow. Slow and steady but i will eventually get there.

Comment

Working...
          X