2004 F115 TLRC Boscoe question unknown fuel component

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 F115 TLRC Boscoe question unknown fuel component

Boscoe I read in another thread about an F filter between the low pressure pump and the high pressure pump and that peaked my curiosity and looked at my F115. The parts diagram show no part like the one in my photos can you identify what this might be and if someone at sometime has maybe added something not in the normal line of parts? Before I take it off and then need something replaced I wondered of you had any ideas?
    Attached Files
    Dennis
    Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

You might have a 2005 model year F115TLRD or F115TXRD that was made in 2004. A 2004 F115TLRC or F115TXRC did not have a fuel filter between the LP pump and the VST whereas the 2005 and later models do. Or perhaps Yamaha screwed up and started using the fuel filter on some 2004 F115C models (yours) but did not update the parts catalog. See diagrams below.

Comment

The tag on the engine is 68V F115 TLRC and the date stamp on the other side is 10/03 so it should be a 2004 but i guess someone could have added the filter after market or a Yammie boo boo as you said. Thanks I need to look at replacing this filter as it really was just discovered as I mentioned before.
      Dennis

Comment

Given the age of your motor I suspect that someone replaced the hose with the hose with a filter. No matter, now that you know about it you can install the hose with the filter going forward.

Now what is strange is that the hose alone sells for more than the hose with the filter.

68V-14294-00-00 YAMAHA HOSE

68V-24502-02-00 FILTER, FUEL

Comment

I went ahead and ordered the hose and filter didn't pay attention to the hose only
          Dennis

Comment

Working...
          X