Brand New F150 *****ing during break in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand New F150 *****ing during break in

I did the 1st 2 hours break in. 1st hour low rpm, up to 2000 rpm. 2nd hours , got the boat up on plane and back down to about 3000 rpm . Can I ***** around for few hrs while *****ing for kings? After the 1st 2hours .

Thanks

Was there not a spot in there where Yam specified varying RPM levels up to and including WOT? I would follow the directions exactly. Who wants an engine that makes oil?

Besides, Kings taste like mackerel, which apparently they are.

Comment

During hours three through ten Yamaha says the motor can be operated at any RPM. 600 or 6000. *****ing RPM fits within the category of any RPM.

Comment

This topic creates quite a ruckus over at THT. Throw in the validity of actually eating King Mackerel and all hell might break loose...

Comment

when does the "run it like you stole it" kick in - I've read that's the only right way to do it...

Comment

back in the good old days there was the run an overhauled motor like you plan on normally going to use it to break it in.

when I picked up my new 2014 F150PU they said to get some miles on it before towing. I do not remember what the number was tho.
            think I put about 1K on before I pulled a 6k lb trailer

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
              This topic creates quite a ruckus over at THT. Throw in the validity of actually eating King Mackerel and all hell might break loose...
              Most everything turns into a ruckus at TOS.

I actually prefer eating Spanish mackerel to King Mackerel. Some say I am weird. But given my druthers I want either a tasty red snapper or a Wahoo. Ono in Hawaii.

Grouper and Cobia have a good taste, I just don't like the parasites in them. Should have never cleaned one. Too many wiggly things in there. Lost my appetite.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                Most everything turns into a ruckus at TOS.

I actually prefer eating Spanish mackerel to King Mackerel. Some say I am weird. But given my druthers I want either a tasty red snapper or a Wahoo. Ono in Hawaii.

Grouper and Cobia have a good taste, I just don't like the parasites in them. Should have never cleaned one. Too many wiggly things in there. Lost my appetite.
                Yep. Spanish all day. Smoked on grill. Yes also on the wiggles.

Good lord. We were at a supposed nice joint in NC and the catch of the day was Amberjack. Yes I said it. AMBERJACK. I cornered the waiter away from the table so not to put him on the spot. He reported the decreasing stocks etc. I tried the sushi version, not good. Oy Vey...

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                  During hours three through ten Yamaha says the motor can be operated at any RPM. 600 or 6000. *****ing RPM fits within the category of any RPM.
                  I just took part in breaking in my buddy's '17 F250. Per yamaha, this ^^^ is correct. Only thing I'll add is engine is not to exceed 5min of continuous WOT (who does this anyway?!?) during the final 7 hour break in.

So you're not only good to go *****ing for kings, but you're also good to operate the engine as you normally would (assuming you don't run 5min of WOT). Good luck.
                  Jason
                  1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

Working...
                  X