No announcement yet.

RodBolt....Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the peak voltage readings into and out of the CDI?

Rod also said if the ecu does not get 12v the motor will not run, but I have no idea if that will cause output voltage of the cdi to stop or do something else with fuel

Comment

How do I test to see if ecm is actually getting 12v??

Comment

Peak readings from pulser and stator were within specs of manual...need to find out how to test if ecm is getting 12v...disconnect plug on bottom and probe yellow with ground??

Comment

Peak readings from pulser and stator were within specs of manual...need to find out how to test if ecm is getting 12v...disconnect plug on bottom and probe yellow with ground??

Comment

show us what the input and out put to the cdi / ecu is.
            we have no idea what all you are reading and what the readings are.
            apparently you have not read output to the coils yet from what you have posted

what all are you calling the stater?
            does it include the charge coils?

as far as the power to ECU .I would think measuring the voltage into the ECU from the key on would be close, but I never played with that motor before
            Last edited by 99yam40; 09-01-2017, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Not sure if power is actually getting to ecu...figure testing at the plug that goes into ecu would be best way to see if it is actually getting to the unit...I don't have peak meter myself, don't recall actual readings just that they were in the shop manual he had...and stator and pulser coils were good...they were in correct range when motor was just cranking and diagnostic light showed no error from them times engine was running..now they are guessing engine harness..but before I pull that off I want to see if ecu is actually getting 12v...I can test at switch but that doesn't mean it is making it to the ecu...I'm guessing the yellow wire is what supplies power to ecu..I poked around the whole harness today and can't see anything that could be shorted or burned out...again, I'm past stator and pulser coils as a problem...has to bee something associated with the other harness...the harness that supplies power to ecm...

Comment

Be pretty simple to find the correct colour wire for the 12v supply from the service manual, it has also been quoted many times in threads here! no special device to measure 12v DC.

Comment

Ecu probably getting power from yellow wire because fuel pump runs for 5 seconds with key on meaning yellow to ecu is functioning...does main relay switch back after initial 5 seconds to give Ecu different power source?? Is there a way to jump wires from main relay to see if problem is with main relay? Had tried different relay two weeks ago and still no spark...don't want to jump wires and ruin something else..really just taking long shots here...can't figure out why motor started about a dozen times 3 days ago and nothing since then ..had to be something stupid that nobody can find..

Comment

Working...
                  X