T60 TLR shutting off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Harper View Post
    The 6c5 filter you replaced is just the element, make sure you check the plastic filter top that this element goes onto, that is what I was talking about before, not the element, the black filter top housing can and does crack, sometimes it is not visible, if it has, then it will suck air there.
    Ah copy that and thanks for clarifying. It was screwed down so tight when I replaced the filter ended up removing the whole element just to get it loose. Understandable how those can get a crack in them

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      fuel should not flow back to tank with the motor/fuel pump running
      Agreed 100% but if he's priming (primer bulb) a whole bunch, the line is either empty, or the primer bulb is NOT priming, or mostly sucking AIR from that filter mount as mentioned below(makes sense).

As for the cracked OEM, fuel filter mount, (and the info posted), plus 100 on that, especially with it being so tight.

The crack would have started small and eventually grow, just like the issue was once in awhile, and is now worse.. Larger crack, more leakage..

Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by Pacific76 View Post
        Ah copy that and thanks for clarifying. It was screwed down so tight when I replaced the filter ended up removing the whole element just to get it loose. Understandable how those can get a crack in them
        Yep, and some people tighten up the 12 mm nut too tight, this is one reason that the filter top cracks n leaks

Comment

Ran all day without any drop or shut off issues happy to report

Before run, I did check the black lid on fuel\water separator by pulling off again and inspecting fully apart. No cracks found

The last thing I did was install four new plugs
          Part#NGK-DPR6E-B9

Only time will tell if any problems are to return. For now I'm back on the water

Comment

Working...
          X