Looking for used gauges......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for used gauges......

Looking to see if anyone has some used gauges maybe from upgrade or repower they are looking to get rid of for fair price. I am looking for the water temp gauge (top middle in picture) and fuel (larger on right in picture). I guess this is referred to as fuel management (since not just fuel?). It works but the display is so light I can barely see the fuel bars. Just dark enough to see right side of bars and then fade to almost nothing on the left side of bars. I have checked all grounds and voltage drop. Even hooked good battery directly to gauge with no difference. So I am assuming gauge is just seen better days. They were like this when i bought boat.
    thanks,
    GLS
    Attached Files

no ideas about the water gauge, but for the faded LCD -
    this fellow seems to be have developed a good reputation repairing them:

GaugeSaver.com – LCD Gauge Restoration and Repair

Comment

Originally posted by GLS062866 View Post
      Looking to see if anyone has some used gauges maybe from upgrade or repower they are looking to get rid of for fair price. I am looking for the water temp gauge (top middle in picture) and fuel (larger on right in picture). I guess this is referred to as fuel management (since not just fuel?). It works but the display is so light I can barely see the fuel bars. Just dark enough to see right side of bars and then fade to almost nothing on the left side of bars. I have checked all grounds and voltage drop. Even hooked good battery directly to gauge with no difference. So I am assuming gauge is just seen better days. They were like this when i bought boat.
      thanks,
      GLS

Water temp gauges are pretty easy and cheap to come by. Craigslist, eBay, etc. As far as your fuel gauge, from what you're describing it sounds like the polarizer and/or reflective film needs replacing. I made this same repair to my tach gauge, using this THT thread as my guide:
      Repair Faded Yamaha Multifuction Gauge - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

It's not difficult, just takes patience and a delicate hand. Scrubbing the adhesive off the LCD glass is what's most time consuming. If you're not a DIY'er, the website fairdeal listed does a good job. The guy who started that company got the idea by repairing his own gauges, using the same THT thread listed above to guide him. For $50 + shipping both ways he'll make the gauge look/function like brand new.
      Jason
      1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

Originally posted by GLS062866 View Post
        thanks,
        GLS

Water temp gauges are pretty easy and cheap to come by. Craigslist, eBay, etc. As far as your fuel gauge, from what you're describing it sounds like the polarizer and/or reflective film needs replacing. I made this same repair to my tach gauge, using this THT thread as my guide:
        Repair Faded Yamaha Multifuction Gauge - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

It's not difficult, just takes patience and a delicate hand. Scrubbing the adhesive off the LCD glass is what's most time consuming. If you're not a DIY'er, the website fairdeal listed does a good job. The guy who started that company got the idea by repairing his own gauges, using the same THT thread listed above to guide him. For $50 + shipping both ways he'll make the gauge look/function like brand new.
        Jason
        1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

Working...
        X