Damper and gromet in fuel line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damper and gromet in fuel line

Boscoe or Rodbolt. On my 04 F115tlrc the parts diagram show a damper in the fuel line to the engine side and a grommet in the line toward the tank.

Part #1 689-85547-00 is the damper and part #4 90480-06M19-00 is a grommet.

What are the purpose of these two parts as I do not believe they were replaced in my fuel line when the previous owner apparently changed the primer bulb.

What keeps the damper from being pushed on up the fuel line toward the engine in the diagrams?

Do these two not restrict the flow of fuel?

https://www.vansoutboardparts.com/co...GES/FUEL_1.png

https://www.vansoutboardparts.com/co...GES/FUEL_2.png
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dray0151; 07-20-2017, 06:53 PM. Reason: links for parts diagram as the pics are horrible!
    Dennis
    Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

The damper (both parts actually) is just a part used to keep swarf and swill out of the fuel line. It discarded when the motor is connected to the boats fuel line.

Thanks for linking to the other website. The images are so much clearer.

Comment

Thanks Boscoe. Yes they are much clearer but on that site you can never get an actual picture of a part as you can sometimes on here, or at least I have not come across one.
      Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
        The damper (both parts actually) is just a part used to keep swarf and swill out of the fuel line. It discarded when the motor is connected to the boats fuel line.

Thanks for linking to the other website. The images are so much clearer.
        Swarf. ..use that word all the time. Metal shavings, drilling holes doing sheet metal work...ect

Now Swill is not in my vocabulary....dirt I assume?

Comment

I just took it that the two small rubber parts they try to sell you are not necessary once on your boat no matter what the meaning from Boscoe's residence is??????
          Dennis

Comment

I picked those words up from some Brits that I worked with many years ago. Don't really know exactly what they mean other than nasty stuff that should not be where it is found. Generally in context with crap found in a fuel tank sump. Maybe the swarf is physical debris and the swill is some liquid goop other than Jet A.

Also, Bloody Hell. Jolly good show ole chap. And other nonsense they taught me.

Comment

liquid is also what I think of when swill is mentioned

Comment

liquid or partly liquid food for animals, especially kitchen refuse given to swine; hogwash.
                kitchen refuse in general; garbage.
                any liquid mess, waste, or refuse; slop.
                a deep draught of liquor.
                contemptibly worthless utterance or writing; drivel.

an accumulation of fine particles of metal or abrasive cut or ground from work by a machine tool or grinder.

the first one sounds gross. Also has some use in I think Pig slop or their food!!!!
                Dennis

Comment

cheap likker or beer

Comment

Working...
                  X