Yamaha 150 loose hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 150 loose hose

Hello all, sorry but I am new to boating and a novice, but was hoping for some advice. I have a 150HP 4 stroke on my pontoon. Last week while pulling the kids on the tube I noticed a hose that may have been pulled loose by the tube rope. Water was coming out of it, but I did not have any trouble with the motor getting back to dock. It appeared like it should be attached somewhere, but I did not see an obvious site for it to re-attach, but maybe I'm completely wrong and it was never attached!
    I have attached a picture if that helps.
    Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

That hose is part of the flush attachment. Flush attachment as in where you attach the garden hose to to flush motor after use. Reinstall it with a new zip-tie.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
      That hose is part of the flush attachment. Flush attachment as in where you attach the garden hose to to flush motor after use. Reinstall it with a new zip-tie.
      I blew that hose off my engine just last week, due to increasing the supply pressure

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...t-th28798.html

new zip-tie did the trick

Comment

Thanks. Looking closely at it I think the flange that the hose would zip tie to is broken (I think you can see it in the picture actually). Where is the easiest place to get a replacement? Also, can I run the engine without it attached without damaging anything?

Comment

Originally posted by mvanpopp View Post
          Where is the easiest place to get a replacement? Also, can I run the engine without it attached without damaging anything?
          I suspect - haven't looked it up - that the same part is used on scores of Yamaha models -
          so should not be hard to get

with water escaping - you may have reduced engine cooling effectiveness

worst case you would get an overheat alarm

or you could temporarily jam something into the hose to block it off -

a 6 mm ss bolt maybe - with a ziptie to keep it there

Comment

Working...
          X