Yamaha 225 Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 225 Alarm

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a little help. I have a 225 Excel, probably around 1990. Had a fuel issue, water in the tank. I flushed it and the motor fired and ran well at idle and revved up a bit on the trailer. Pissing like a race horse. After about 5 minutes an alarm started buzzing at the control box. I'm very appreciative of any help. Thanks!

Put the boat in the water and see what the situation is.

Comment

Back it into the water and run it while it's on the trailer but in gear so it's under a load?
      Last edited by Baysidejim; 07-12-2017, 10:17 PM.

Comment

water hose probably will not get enough water to the motor when running above an idle

how did you get the water out of the bottom of the tank?

Comment

I removed the water by pumping out old gas through a water trap and back into the tank. There was great water pressure out of the little hole at the bottom of the cowl.

Comment

If you used the pick up tube you did not get it all as it does not sit at the very bottom of the tank.
            Hope you did not have any e gas in there if you also had water

do what Boscoe said

Comment

I just fired it again and it runs and sounds great. It idles fine but the bottom cowl fills up with water. Cannot see where it is coming from. It doesn't seem to be coming out through the head gaskets.

Comment

Working...
              X