F300 ISO lead hookup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F300 ISO lead hookup

I have twin 2016 F300s. Only the starboard motor has an ISO charging lead hooked up to the house. I want to add an ISO lead from the port motor to the house battery as well.

I didn't stumble across the Pre made Yamaha kits for this before I ordered battery cable, connectors and a 100 amp breaker from Pacer.

Do I need a Yamaha part (special connector) where the cable connects to the terminal on the F300?

100 amp breaker? Sounds a little stout for that job.

Yes it is a special connector.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
      100 amp breaker? Sounds a little stout for that job.

Yes it is a special connector.
      Thank you.

The Yamaha part includes a 100 amp breaker for 4.2L and had a 100 amp fuse on the engine/Ecu side. The factory installed lead has a 100 amp breaker. The max output of the alternator is about 70 amps.

Comment

Sounds to me like you want to make your own cable. If you are in search of a connector that you can add to your cable, so that it interfaces with the Yamaha connector on the engine harness, this is a place to try to find it.

Sealed

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          Sounds to me like you want to make your own cable. If you are in search of a connector that you can add to your cable, so that it interfaces with the Yamaha connector on the engine harness, this is a place to try to find it.

Sealed
          Great! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X