1998 130 flushing system??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 130 flushing system??

Looking at a boat out of state that has a 1998 Yamaha 130 V4 engine. I live in a neighborhood where starting the motor in order to flush it is not going to be an option. Can anyone give me a straight answer on whether this motor must be started and flushed with muffs? Or does it have the hose port where it can be flushed without running it? I am getting conflicting information and the owner is a widow with no idea.

Look to see if you can find the owners manual on line

see if this covers the motor
    http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/s...-02-91_629.pdf
    Last edited by 99yam40; 06-28-2017, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TellMeWhen View Post
      Looking at a boat out of state that has a 1998 Yamaha 130 V4 engine. I live in a neighborhood where starting the motor in order to flush it is not going to be an option. Can anyone give me a straight answer on whether this motor must be started and flushed with muffs? Or does it have the hose port where it can be flushed without running it? I am getting conflicting information and the owner is a widow with no idea.
      What the problem with running it in neighborhood? Noise or smoke?

You could get one of those flush bags to run it. It would reduce the noise a good bit. Just a pain to fill it every time.

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300
        The major advantage to RUNNING IT with muff's (or bag/tank) is to get the engine to temp, so the THERMOSTAT OPENS.

This gives a little better flush ESPECIALLY for salt water use.

Fresh water use, I would probably just use a flush attachment (if equipped).

Now if there's a fresh water hose at the boat ramp, flush while there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJaTjMOEKP0

A quick search on-line, I couldn't find if the engine is equipped with a flush port or if one is available.

Jethro, ah, Boscoe, will chime with an answer about it shortly..

Please don't block traffic at the ramp while you flush! People will get very hostile.....

Comment

If the motor does not already have the flush kit it can be easily added.

Comment

Thank all of you guys for your replies!!!

Comment

Working...
            X