Yamaha 8a tiller securing bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 8a tiller securing bracket

Does anybody have or know where I can get the cast alloy bracket that secures the tiller arm to carrying handle. I think the same bracket is used on the 8b and Mariner models.

Need the complete ID for the motor.

Comment

Sorry but I don't know where to complete the outboard I'D but it's a 1982 Yamaha 8hp.

Comment

Originally posted by Keffers1 View Post
        Sorry but I don't know where to complete the outboard I'D but it's a 1982 Yamaha 8hp.
        There should be a data plate on the left hand clamp bracket. The engine ID will begin with the number 6.

Go to this link and inspect the parts that are used to construct a 8 HP Yamaha. See if you can identify the specific part that you are looking for.

1984 8LN Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks but the data plate is missing from my motor.
          The parts diagram that you attached to the thread refers to a later model of the motor where the fitting has been redesigned. Mine has two bolt holes that secure it to the carrying handle and a guide for the tiller handle to be locked in to when the bolts are tightened.
          I can easily identify it if you have an earlier diagram.

Comment

I believe 84 is the 1st year that Yamaha sold here in the USA, so that is the oldest the parts breakdowns can be found here.

have you checked where you are?

Comment

As 99yam says the first Yamaha outboard motor did not enter the US until 1984.

Since you indicate this is similar to a Mariner 8B why not take a look at that model and see if you can find the part you need. If you find it, good luck with it being available.

8B Mariner Outboard 677-300101 AND UP STEERING HANDLE Diagram and Parts

8B Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks boscoe99. The part I'm after is number 13 in the 'steering handle diagram' link you provided.

Comment

You are in luck. It is one of the few parts that are shown as being available.

Comment

Working...
                  X