Yamaha f50 trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha f50 trim

Can anybody tell me if the new yamaha f50 has a tilt down adjustable stop bar that runs through transom bracket so that when you have engine fully down it touches the stop bar or do you have to set the trim every time you go out.
    Thanks Rob

The latest F50 does not appear to have the bar that will limit the down trim.

But if it did, I don't see how it precludes anyone from having to set the trim each time the motor is used. Standard modus operandi is to trim the motor fully downward when stopped. Either with a bar or no bar between the clamp brackets. Being trimmed fully downward assists the boat getting onto plane more quickly. Then, as the boat is getting onto plane, the motor is trimmed upwards back to the point that has been predetermined to be the most efficient engine trim angle.

Comment

Thankyou.

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      The latest F50 does not appear to have the bar that will limit the down trim.

But if it did, I don't see how it precludes anyone from having to set the trim each time the motor is used. Standard modus operandi is to trim the motor fully downward when stopped. Either with a bar or no bar between the clamp brackets. Being trimmed fully downward assists the boat getting onto plane more quickly. Then, as the boat is getting onto plane, the motor is trimmed upwards back to the point that has been predetermined to be the most efficient engine trim angle.
      Thanks Boscoe, I just used to have my old Yamaha 50 bar set to optimum planing level but I can understand now that you can get it up on to the plane quicker. I must be honest mine was a bit slow to reach planing level but I just used to live with it, not any more though!
      Many thanks,Rob.

Comment

Living with a tilt only or non T&T is what we use to have to do, but once you get a power T&T it is so much better to have and use

Comment

Working...
        X