No announcement yet.

F9.9SJ Water Seal/Damper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would find someone that has delt with this part on a motor before, I have not and I am not sure if Scott(Towns) has either.

maybe Rodbolt will drop in

Comment

Thank you for the help, but just to recap, Do not use the bushing like part, just install the new seal part.

Comment

Originally posted by Fastfred View Post
        Thank you for the help, but just to recap, Do not use the bushing like part, just install the new seal part.
        As 99Yam noted, no, I have never had that particular engine apart, don't need to.. A seal goes in-between two parts. If it's loose and sloppy, it'll leak...

Per the parts fisch, IMO, I would put in the new yamaha "seal" only (as you noted above). Your simply "replacing" the old seal with the new one (that has rubber)..
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Problem Solved

Thank you sir for giving me the confidence to move forward, after reading your post I went back and found that the shinny bushing was once a seal, I started to dig in the hole and pulled more parts out, now new seal fit perfect. Again Thanks, I hope to help someone else to give back.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fastfred View Post
            Thank you sir for giving me the confidence to move forward, after reading your post I went back and found that the shinny bushing was once a seal, I started to dig in the hole and pulled more parts out, now new seal fit perfect. Again Thanks, I hope to help someone else to give back.
            Excellent Fred! And your quite welcome.

Often, especially big jobs, physical evidence, helps with re-assembly.

Your finding those rubber parts CONFIRMED it failed, caused the leak, etc.

Plz post back after the water test!
            Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 06-15-2017, 04:34 PM.
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

good thing you dug those other parts out.
              putting just a piece of the new on on top would not have worked out well

Comment

Working...
              X