Yamaha F115 ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha F115 ECU

I own a Yamaha F115 2003. The Idle air control valve stuck on this motor many years ago, and apparently burned out the part of the ecu that controls the Idle air valve motor. Too bad yamaha did not have a fuse in this part of the harness. I know this because I have put an idle air control valve on the motor that is known to work, and it will not operate. I have taken an idle air control valve that i installed on another motor and set it up to open enough to get a fast idle out of it. I then reinstalled that valve on my motor and I adapted a hose to the intake of this valve after i installed it on my motor to regulate the amount of air it draws in to get an idle of about 750 RPM. It works but I would really like to get this back to Factory setup, as it is hard starting at times. Does anyone know if these ECUs can be reprogrammed? If so, is it guaranteed to work? Or do I just need to try to find a used ecu?

new one would be better, but a good used one should work.
    just do not buy one that has the same problem

Comment

Originally posted by martinbryner View Post
      ...burned out the part of the ecu that controls the Idle air valve motor.
      Does anyone know if these ECUs can be reprogrammed?
      interesting to consider that "part" of the ECU could be destroyed/inoperative, but the rest would still work....I suppose its possible.

But "fixing" it by having it "reprogrammed" ?

ahh, the electronic equivalent of following a traumatic brain injury,
      "teaching another part" of the brain to take over for the damaged portion?

Look on eBay for a used ECU

Comment

This company (not in the US), does repairs, re-programming, etc (my experience is with motorcycles).

It may cost more than a used one but it does have a warranty:

https://www.carmo.nl/index.php?main_...0a&language=en

Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

If a circuit was burned out how does programing help?

Comment

Working...
          X