Retro fit Yamaha F115 inline filter to Mercury F115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro fit Yamaha F115 inline filter to Mercury F115

Mercury bought F115 complete power heads from Yamaha for several years in the early 2000's. Any one who has one of the early engines knows that the VST filter and injectors can get clogged. Because of poor performance I decided to send the injectors out to be serviced and replace the VST filter myself. I have worked on engines for about 50 years, but the hose from the lift pump to the VST whipped my butt and got torn (I swear it was glued to the fitting on the top of the VST). I believe the Yahama replacement part number is 68V-14807-20-00, but it costs about $180 ! For less than 2' of hose with a chafe guard !

Now this is not just a plain old low pressure (after the lift pump) hose. It is very stretchy and even though the ID appears to be about 3/8" (9mm) the exterior is only about 1/2" (12mm). I have not found a "generic" replacement and the fitting on the top of the VST is in such tight quarters I don't think I can use standard fuel hose.

It has been brought to my attention (I think it was rodbolt on another forum) that later Yamaha F115 added the 68V-24502-02-00 10 micron inline filter between the lift pump and the VST (about $50). Will this retro fit on to earlier F115 ? At least does it have the correct ID and OD ?
Working...
X