Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Yamaha F115 Trim Sensor Question

Hi,
    I am new to this forum and to Yamaha outboards. I just bought a boat with a 2006 F115. I noticed the trim gauge on the digital tach wasn't working. I guessed that it was probably just the trim cam, but when I went to check it, I foumd that the trim sensor and trim cam had been completely removed. I am going to install a new one, but I am not sure how to install the sensor. Can anyone show me (with photos) how it is attached, and where it hooks in to the harness. With the old one gone, I'm not sure how to install the new one. Thanks so much in advance.

don't have pictures but is the cam there?
    it mounts just behind the steering tube the cam mounts on the tube.
    the original cam was plastic and breakage prone.
    it is the same setup as the F150.

Comment

Cam slips around the tilt tube and is held in position with one screw. Tighten the screw just enough to keep it from moving, but not so tight that it cannot be moved.

The sender is held in place with a screw. Route the sender wire up into the bottom cowling and find the connector that will match it. The connector will have a pink wire and a black wire.

With the motor in the full down position, rotate the cam so as to move the sender such that the trim indicates full down trim. Tighten the cam set screw.

Last edited by boscoe99; 05-06-2017, 06:17 PM.

Comment

If you look, on this page, to the upper right, you'll see in RED, "Purchase Yamaha Parts".

Click on that and follow the prompts for your engine.. You can look up just about anything and it's often VERY helpful when performing maintenance, etc.

Your parts fisch as Boscoe posted above:

2006 and Later F115LA Yamaha Outboard BRACKET 2 Diagram and Parts

With prices, location, etc....(parts 3 and 1 plus bolts)

Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thanks, that doesn't look too bad. Any chance anone has a photo or diagram showing where the sensor plugs in. It would be simple if I was removing an old one, but it is already gone, so I am not really sure.

Comment

Just find the unused two pin connector, with a pink wire and a black wire, that matches the trim sender connector. There are only a couple of unused connectors in the engine pan and they are all of a different configuration. Only one will mate with the trim sender connector.

It is so easy that even a cave man can find it.

Comment

Working...
            X