F250 Wiring Harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F250 Wiring Harness

I have a pair of 07 F250's with 521 Hours on them and was getting a check engine light on one motor. Finally local 5 star service dealer finally figured out the problem with tech support and was told I need a new wiring harness on one motor $1800 installed. Called corporate and showed them a scan of the motor when it was covered under warranty with the exact same issue but unfortunately no tech could figure out reason for check engine code while under warranty. Corporate said they would not help out on a discounted wiring harness or any other help. With all of the problems that they are having with the F350's and New 4.2 F300s they turn there backs on other motor issues. I purchased the very first 250 2 stroke sold in Florida back in 1989 convinced that Yamaha made the best motor at the time. Fast forward to today I am convinced that they no longer are the best outboard out there. Mercury has come a long way and I have asked friends that have the newer Verados and they love them, quieter, faster and looks like more dependable than Yamaha After 30 plus years It is time to move on, So long Yamaha I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER ONE AFTER I GET RID OF THE THREE MOTORS I HAVE ON MY BAY BOAT AND EXPRESS!!
    Last edited by Yamaha No More; 05-04-2017, 05:41 PM.

Well said. Please copy and paste to the Hull Truth.

This forum is now closed.

Comment

5 star means the techs passed a video course.

always look for a dealer that employs a master tech.

that harness takes about 2 hours to change.

any more and the tech is milking it.

Comment

Working...
      X