Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Updike 200 remote oil pump

Hello - I recently changed both pumps when I had
    The tanks out to replace the holding brackets, they worked fine, just figured it would be a good time to change with them out. I also changed the strainers at the tank and the ones around the primary float tank. I can hear the pumps working when I push the emergency toggle but not when just turn the key on, does anyone know if the motors have to be running for the float to activate the pumps? Thanks

Originally posted by Officedaze View Post
    Hello - I recently changed both pumps when I had
    The tanks out to replace the holding brackets, they worked fine, just figured it would be a good time to change with them out. I also changed the strainers at the tank and the ones around the primary float tank. I can hear the pumps working when I push the emergency toggle but not when just turn the key on, does anyone know if the motors have to be running for the float to activate the pumps? Thanks
    what is a updike?

Comment

Updike? What about the rest of the things mentioned? Who knows?

Comment

With one exception the motor has to be running for the automatic transfer system to work.

The exception is the initial fill mode. This would be when the remote tank is filled and the engine mounted tank is empty.

If you want to test the system drain the main tank and add it to the remote tank. Drain the tank by removing the sight gauge. Good idea to clean the sight gauge at this time. Reinstall and secure the sight gauge with a zip tie.

Turn the key to just the on position. The alarm should sound. The tachometer should flash or illuminate the low oil light/bar. In a moment the pump should start running and commence to fill the main oil tank. The pump will run for three minutes time or until the main tank is filled, whichever occurs first.

The alarm should cease and the tachometer light/icon should extinguish when the main tank is about half filled when the sensor assembly in the tank tells the ECU to terminate the alarms.

Comment

Didn't notice the title misspelling maybe it was auto correct but they are hpdi's - thanks for the information on how they operate! This is the second time I've used this forum and both times I have gotten the correct information in no time at all

Comment

if the tank does not refill in 180m seconds the filter at the remote is clogged or the line is pinched.

Comment

Working...
            X