No announcement yet.

OX66 won't trim up, chasing down Sb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the sole function of the diodes in the twin setup is to allow individual switchs AND a single switch.
    they fail occasionally.

Comment

Diodes are wonderfully magic devices with all sorts of uses in all sorts of applications.

In the case of a coil, such as that used in a relay, they may be embedded within the coil assembly. They may not be readily apparent.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
        the sole function of the diodes in the twin T&T setup is to allow individual switchs AND a single switch to operate multiple devices with the same set up.
        they fail occasionally.
        fixed it, maybe

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          fixed it, maybe
          I would have deleted the use of the word "sole". That or have been more specific about which diode(s) is(are) being discussed.

Dem diodes got all sorts of uses. Diodes, zener diodes, light emitting diodes, etc. I particularly like the latter.

Comment

I tried to narrow down which diodes he was talking about. was it not good enough.

maybe replace sole with main

Comment

I don't know what specific diode(s) he is referring to either.

Lots of my answers are based on guess. Some wrong, some OK.

A guy on another forum was bitching about not being able to use email to ask questions of Yamaha. He was not receptive to my suggestion that he will get much better answers if he talks to someone in person, where they can make sure they really understand the question, rather than sending a cryptic email where the questions might be vague. He was not buying it.

Comment

Found the culprit...

The wire was welded but it rusted...

I couldn't welded them back together. The wires are not tinned and they are rusted so the solder was giving me a hard time. I used a butt connector instead with adhesive lined heat shrink tubing. I hope it holds for the season while I get a replacement harness.

Definitely the wires are white inside of the harness.

Comment

Working...
                X