Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panasonic - talk to us about being a Canadian

aircraft engineer?

Are you referred to as being an anganeer as they are across the pond in your motherland?

How long was your formal training?

Does it cover the entire airplane or do they divvy it into the airplane and the engines?

Do they teach from dope and fabric to B787's engines or is it limited to certain disciplines?

Are you able to approve an aeroplane for return to service with your license? Heard that you are. Down here we can't. Unless one has an Inspection Authorization.

Tried to reply...it went to moderator.

It was a long one too. Probably never see it again???

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99
      Yep, try a quick note to the admin group. I got them to approve one of my messages. They won't tell you that they did it. The message will just show up.

On the other hand, I don't blame them for being highly suspicious of foreigners right now. Particularly those crafty Canucks. They speak funny. Too many terrorists trying to get into the country and to do cyberharm to our computers.
      Should look hard at the posts from the Bahamas. I hear the pinkos are coming from that direction.

Comment

Nope. We will soon have the southern border covered. A huge beautiful wall is going up. Once the one between the US and Mexico is up in about 60 days time they will start on a wall that surrounds Florida.

The threat as I see it is from those sneaky Canadians from north of the border. They dress, act and look like us just to fool us. Only the "ehs" give them away.

Their "drones", cleverly disguised as Canada geese, are already down here. Staying year around. They always look at me out of the side of their faces. I think they are listening in as well.
        Last edited by boscoe99; 04-22-2017, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          Nope. We will soon have the southern border covered. A huge beautiful wall is going up. Once the one between the US and Mexico is up in about 60 days time they will start on a wall that surrounds Florida.

The threat as I see it is from those sneaky Canadians from north of the border. They dress, act and look like us just to fool us. Only the "ehs" give them away.

Their "drones", cleverly disguised as Canada geese, are already down here. Staying year around. They always look at me out of the side of their faces. I think they are listening in as well.
          Wonder why their drones poop so much?

Comment

There can't be many broken Yamaha engines around the world tonight....lol

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
              aircraft engineer?

Are you referred to as being an anganeer as they are across the pond in your motherland?

How long was your formal training?

Does it cover the entire airplane or do they divvy it into the airplane and the engines?

Do they teach from dope and fabric to B787's engines or is it limited to certain disciplines?

Are you able to approve an aeroplane for return to service with your license? Heard that you are. Down here we can't. Unless one has an Inspection Authorization.
              Seeing I lost the long reply...here is the short answer.

Yes we are called Aircraft Maintenance Engineers.

Training is school for two years, 3 years of apprentice., then Transport Canada exams.

School covers EVERYTHING. All systems, structure, electrics, avionics and propulsion.

Yes from dope and fabric to turbine engines and everything in between.

I am a certifying mechanic at my company, can return to service particular Aircraft that I have formal training on. You have to have type training on any Aircraft above 12,000lbs.

I also have structures rating and can repair and release any size airframe from super cub to 747, doesn't matter.

When you leave school you can choose what rating you wish to proceed with, Mechanic, Avionics, Structures, or NDT. You can be one or all if you can get the time in classification and pass the exams.

I do mostly machine work and major structure work now...done machinist training before Aircraft racket.

Did I mention Helicopters they are in there too.
              Last edited by panasonic; 04-22-2017, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Being Canadian?

I am a Newfoundlander, then a Canadian....lol

Most won't know where that is....

Comment

Make it a habit to high light and hit copy on you post and if it disappears ,try again by pasting into a new post. Will save you from retyping a long post.
                  It will be interesting to see if the second one will post up being exactly the same content.

It does get frustrating when they disappear
                  Last edited by 99yam40; 04-23-2017, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                    Make it a habit to high light and hit copy on you post and if it disappears ,try again by pasting into a new post. Will save you from retyping a long post.
                    It will be interesting to see if the second one will post up being exactly the same content.

It does get frustrating when they disappear
                    I need to work on doing that. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Panasonic,my mother is from Carmanville, Nfld., you?
                      Last edited by donsmarine; 04-23-2017, 02:27 PM.

Comment

who found that land and started calling it Newfoundland.
                        Vikings?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                          who found that land and started calling it Newfoundland.
                          Vikings?
                          King Henry VII of England referred to the land discovered by John Cabot in 1497 as the “New Found Launde"

The Vikings called it "Vinland", they where there 500 years before Cabot...

Comment

My last name is Land.

My wife's name is Marsha. She is known as Marshland.

Now my sister in high school was known as flat land. I shall leave it up to the smarties to hazard a guess as to why.

I suppose if I stumbled across a long lost relative I could consider him as a "New Found Land".

Comment

Originally posted by donsmarine View Post
                              Panasonic,my mother is from Carmanville, Nfld., you?
                              I grew up in Gander, father from Twillingate.

Comment

Working...
                              X