Learn me some F225 VST venting and what not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldmako69 View Post
    All this is phantastically pedantic. Really.
    Some might argue that the use of the words "phantastically pedantic" makes the user of such words a pedant.

Therefore, you appear to be that of which you seem to be critical.

It is tough to find the line between providing insufficient information and excessive information. Particularly so when the speaker does not know his audience.

Some will just say "it is a stupidly simple system" and let it go at that. Others will provide many words with illustrations and photographs in trying to get a point across.

Is too little information more of a problem than too much information or it too much information more of a problem than too little information?

I just report. You folks decide.

Comment

Fair enough. Just trying to get things back on track.

Comment

Fair enough. Just trying to get things back on track.
        Ever been to The Hull Truth? The tracks have been destroyed.

Comment

Of course I have. Ten percent good info, 90% chaff.
          Last edited by oldmako69; 04-22-2017, 01:10 PM.

Comment

I went back to reread the thread and is it possible that when you put the gas lines back on the VST you could have got something swapped around?

From what I understand there is a vent line to bleed off air/fumes that goes to the plastic air box, and the pressure regulator line should loop back into the intake side of the fuel pump line.

Was it Boscoe that posted a pic or diagram of that not too long ago?
            Last edited by 99yam40; 04-22-2017, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Of course I have. Ten percent good info, 90% chaff.
              That much good info huh? I would not have thought it.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                I went abck to reread the thread and is it possible that when you put the gas lines back on the VST you could have got something swapped around?

From what I understand there is a vent line to bleed off air/fumes that goes to the plastic air box, and the pressure regulator line should loop back into the intake side of the fuel pump line.

Was it Boscoe that posted a pic or diagram of that not too long ago?
                It was he.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptSolo
                  I don't quite understand Boscoe why you say you need to "pump up that VST".
                  If and when the VST has been drained of gasoline. Such as when draining it to take a fuel sample or draining it so as to replace the fuel filter.

Some will replace the filter. Then turn the key to start. Motor won't. They try several times to get the motor started.

Then wonder why the HP fuel pump has failed.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                    I went back to reread the thread and is it possible that when you put the gas lines back on the VST you could have got something swapped around?
                    I didn't mess with this engines VST. Just a new LP pump, T-stats, injectors and anodes.

Anything is possible as the engines have been worked on prior to my purchase.
                    Plenty of sloppy gasket material slapped on around the VST cap, etc.

Comment

1. No. It starts just fine at the dock.
                      2. I gots 5500.
                      3. Yes. Excess fuel is being forced into the intake plenum and dripping out of it.
                      4. Yes.
                      5. Yes, and yes.
                      6. I'm getting close.
                      7. TY.
                      8. Its already pouring here
                      Last edited by oldmako69; 04-23-2017, 05:46 AM.

Comment

the only way you can get fuel into the vent line is the needle valve is leaking and allowing the VST to overfill.
                        it is that simple.
                        NEVER use any kind of gasket sealer on the VST.

Comment

Rodbolt,

Thank you. I guess I'll get into that engines VST.

The gasket material is not mine, rather the original owners addition. It was slathered all over both VST tops. This would be the same guy (or his mech) who pried open the HP pump in the other engines VST. Even with only 125 hours, the guy must have been having problems with E10. That 125 hours over 12 years. Makes me wonder what other issues I'll get to deal with as I begin to use the boat.

Hopefully, YAM can sell me just the needle-valve assy and I won't have to buy the whole damn VST.

Comment

I didn't mess with this engines VST. Just a new LP pump, T-stats, injectors and anodes.

Anything is possible as the engines have been worked on prior to my purchase.
                            Plenty of sloppy gasket material slapped on around the VST cap, etc.
                            looks like time to open VST and inspect before buying parts so you know what you need.
                            If lucky a good cleaning will help maybe

It should be noted here that I did NOT mess with the VST on this engine. I did not open it, mess with the float, get jiggy with the needle valve, scrape the screen, etc.

I replaced the low psi pump and replaced the injectors. In order to do the injectors, I had to swing the VST forward to access their 'holder". That required me to remove a fuel hose or two. That's it.
                            I was not sure which hoses you removed
                            Last edited by 99yam40; 04-23-2017, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Hey Rodbolt!

Have you had a chance to look at this thread?

Comment

some.
                                it is getting very long for a simple vst needle valve leak.

Comment

Working...
                                X