Loss of power/rpm on 97 40ESRV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of power/rpm on 97 40ESRV

Was running strong at ~38mph in my 1442 flat alweld with a beat up 15pitch yamaha semi cleaver prop. Sent the prop in the have it redone. While the prop was away for couple weeks, I deleted the oil injection system and installed a 6" jack plate. I know, the injection system is really good on these, but all the lines were dry and leaking and my oil tank was cracked and leaking, so I deleted. I cut my own block off plate and gasket for the pump, and it seems to be holding well. However, I wasn't sure what to do with the oil level sensor, so I ziptied it upside down temporarily thinking it would trick it.

Long story short, I got the prop back yesterday. Ran it, and was only running 32mph and motor just felt weak with much lower rpms. I checked compression and spark on all three cylinders and they appear to be fine.

Does it maybe think it's low on oil and shutting it down? Surely having my prop refurbished didn't kill my power and speed. Also, I jacked the motor up to where cavitation plate is about 2 inches above hull and I'm not getting any cavitation from what I can tell.
Working...
X