• Show
Clear All

• F15mshf questions

I am working on a friends:

MODEL: F15MSHF

S/N: 6AGK-S-1003423

DOM: 12/06

No Service Manual of course

The engine was hard to start and would not idle properly.

I removed the carb and disassembled completely. Tested auto enrichment valve, it extends and retracts. Found pilot jet and enrichment circuit partially blocked. All passages cleaned with carb cleaner, wired out, and blew out with compressed air. Carb put back together, reinstalled on engine. Fired right up and is now idling, but not perfect.

1. Anybody know the idle mixture screw initial setting? It was at about 1 1/4 turns when I removed it.

2. What is the normal idle speed? I have a timing light/tachometer.

3. Is this a 2006 model year or 2007? The owner would like to put a rectifier on it and I want to make sure we got the proper year.

Thanks in Advance.

Originally posted by panasonic View Post

I removed the carb and disassembled completely. Tested auto enrichment valve, it extends and retracts. Found pilot jet and enrichment circuit partially blocked. All passages cleaned with carb cleaner, wired out, and blew out with compressed air. Carb put back together, reinstalled on engine. Fired right up and is now idling, but not perfect.

1. Anybody know the idle mixture screw initial setting? It was at about 1 1/4 turns when I removed it.

2. What is the normal idle speed? I have a timing light/tachometer.

3. Is this a 2006 model year or 2007? The owner would like to put a rectifier on it and I want to make sure we got the proper year.

Thanks in Advance.
    Mr Bosco can you please answer question #3 for me?

As for the service manual, I asked the owner to order one for his engine but he seems reluctant to part with $100.00 for one... I don't understand why people spend many thousands of dollars on an outboard and don't want to spend amother $100.00 or so on a manual to keep it running properly.!!!

Comment

1. Anybody know the idle mixture screw initial setting? It was at about 1 1/4 turns when I removed it. 3 1/8 plus or minus 1/2

2. What is the normal idle speed? I have a timing light/tachometer. Idle Speed in Neutral = 1050 rpm

3. Is this a 2006 model year or 2007? There are no more model years following the 2005 model year. The owner would like to put a rectifier on it and I want to make sure we got the proper year.

Thanks in Advance.
      The model and serial number (PID) are not making sense.

Is this an F15CMSH? There is no model F15MSHF. Not that I can find anyway.

Double check the 6AGKs 1003423 number please.

2006 and Later F15CMSH Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

See attached picture for model, ect...
        Last edited by panasonic; 06-22-2017, 04:44 AM.

Comment

I forgot. You're the canuck. I gots to dig deeper.

That is not a model that was offered in the USA. I take back all that I said.

More to follow.
          Last edited by boscoe99; 04-16-2017, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Hover over "owners" and then click on launch the parts catalog to see Yam Can parts. See what you can find. Damn if I can find this model in either the Yamaha USA or Yamaha Canuck parts catalogs.

Yamaha Motor Canada :: Power Solution Centre

The PID (6AGKS 1003423) does not come up in the Yamaha USA parts data base. You can do a search on 6AGKS in the Yamaha USA parts catalog and it will take you the USA F15C*** models. See below

Which leads me to believe the motor in question is similar or identical to the USA F15C.

Comment

I looked on Yamaha Canada site as well and could not find it either...That's why I asked you...figured you might have a special place for this stuff. You seem to dig up stuff nobody else can ...lol

Thanks, I will investigate some more myself..

Comment

I looked on Yamaha Canada site as well and could not find it either...That's why I asked you...figured you might have a special place for this stuff. You seem to dig up stuff nobody else can ...lol

Thanks, I will investigate some more myself..
                I went deep into the well of my special stuff and struck out. But Yamaha super secret stuff data has been known to be deficient, like Yamaha non-secret data.

I am guessing that someone played with the idle mixture screw and has it too far in. Most Yams run very lean. Strange for someone to be making it leaner. Usually the screw has to be turned outward a tad. Of different jets installed.

My super secret book shows that all 6AGK prefixes relate to F15C models. But the book does not go back to 2006 for a 6AGK. Starts at 2008. Strange.

Comment

Thanks for the effort, I will try 3 turns out as a starting point. Now that the carb is clean and the auto enrichment valve is working right I should be able to get it to idle properly.

Somebody probably fooling with the mixture screw trying to compensate for the dirty carb.

Got to get his boat in the water first, was just running on the muffs to test.

The ice is almost gone in the ponds here now..another week or so of above 0 degrees Celsius at night and its fishing time...

Comment

Beautiful country you have up there but too damn cold for me.

Georgia is too damn cold for me.

I got to head south. Costa Rica is calling for me. There is a 60 pound plus Wahoo with my name on it, awaiting my return.

Comment

Wahoo, better than steak on the grill.

Comment

You do not have to go that far to find them, I will try to find a pic of some we caught off the coast here in TX

Dang must be on my old one. cannot find on this computer

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                          Beautiful country you have up there but too damn cold for me.

Georgia is too damn cold for me.

I got to head south. Costa Rica is calling for me. There is a 60 pound plus Wahoo with my name on it, awaiting my return.
                          Next time you think it is cold...remember us poor buggers up here...Hard to get out fishing when the sea ice is packed in as far as you can see...lol

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                            I went deep into the well of my special stuff and struck out. But Yamaha super secret stuff data has been known to be deficient, like Yamaha non-secret data.

I am guessing that someone played with the idle mixture screw and has it too far in. Most Yams run very lean. Strange for someone to be making it leaner. Usually the screw has to be turned outward a tad. Of different jets installed.

My super secret book shows that all 6AGK prefixes relate to F15C models. But the book does not go back to 2006 for a 6AGK. Starts at 2008. Strange.
                            As far as I tell it is a 2007 engine, made 12/06. Going with that to order a rectifier.

Should not be so hard to look up a P/N when you have the all the information right off the data plate...$$&^%$#

Comment

Working...
                            X