Speedometer DIP Switch settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedometer DIP Switch settings

I just purchased a new Yahama multifunction Speedometer PN/ 6y5-83570-S6-00) for my 1998 Yamaha 225HP Saltwater Series II,V6. Inside the Speedometer are four (4) DIP switches labeled 1,2,3,4 with switch no. 1 in the OFF position, 2 switch is ON, 3 switch is OFF, and the 4 switch ON. Can anyone in the Forum verify that these are in the correct position? I know the settings of these DIP switches help select my preference of showing speed in terms of mph or km/h,distance in terms of miles or knots . My preference is mph and miles. Thank you in advance for your help!

Comment

Multifunction tachometer DIP SETTINGS

Thanks for your timely response I will implement your advise tomorrow. I have the same question for the multifunction tachometer DIP SWITCHES OF WHICH THERE ARE THREE (3). The tach part no. Is6Y5-8350T-83-00 for the same Yamaha motor as mentioned above. Hoping to hear from you soon. Thanks in advance.

Comment

page 152 (5-8) of this .pdf may be what you need

https://tinyurl.com/zre4frk

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
          page 152 (5-8) of this .pdf may be what you need

https://tinyurl.com/zre4frk
          That is exactly what he needs.

I am now wondering why there has been no update to the Yamaha rigging guide since 2012? None that I can find anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            That is exactly what he needs.
            I'm trying to be more careful with my advice....

Tried sending you a 2014 .pdf I found somewhere - large file, may not go.

Seems in 2015 they went to that g-d online "flash player" format?

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
              I'm trying to be more careful with my advice....

Tried sending you a 2014 .pdf I found somewhere - large file, may not go.

Seems in 2015 they went to that g-d online "flash player" format?
              What is the title/name of the document?

Do you use drop box?

Comment

I got your email.

That is the Marine Rigging and Parts Guide. Not quite the same as the Yamaha Japan Outboard Rigging Guide.

Comment

Multifunction Tach and Speedometer Dip switch settings

I wanted to thank both BOSCOE99 and fairdeal for your answers and advise. The new Gage's now work perfectly......Thank you.........Samuel45

Comment

You are welcome.

Fairdeal is the "man".

Comment

Hi!, I really need your help!
                      I've been reading the whole thread but I am really missed...
                      I am trying to do 2 different things, but unable.. hope youŽll be able to give a hand..
                      1.- With a 6Y5 I am trying to change from mph to Knots... I have removed the unit,.. and I am unable to find the place where the dips are suposed to be.. (Please take a look to the attached photo).. I also tried pushing the menu button but also nothing happened... ) what I am doing wrong..??
                      2.- My trim indicator does not work. or at least it doesn't move, always shows the bar almost full.. In this unit yes there are dips, and I have On, Off, on config. But again nothing happens.. Engine is a Yamaha 250Cv from 2008..

IŽll reeeeaaaally appreciate your help!!

Comment

1. I think if you pry out - carefully- the rubber plug on the right
                        (the plug with only one black cable)
                        you will find the dipswitches below it

Try to slide the grommet on the cable, without pulling on the cable itself -
                        so the cable does not come unplugged, or its small wires torn:

2. Have you raised up the engine, and found & examined the trim sender device?

If it always reads full up,
                        the 'arm' may be broken off the sender
                        or, if that model also uses a 'cam', it may be mal-adjusted or broken

Comment

Hi Fairdeal!

Many, many, many thanks!! it was the way you said. I've take a picture just in case it could be also useful for someone.

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Kala-el-khan View Post
                            I've take a picture just in case it could be also useful for someone.
                            No doubt it will be.

I would have posted such a photo for you,
                            but I didn't have one;
                            now I do.
                            Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                            X